About the Firm
Lead by Managing Partner Tim Walker WRP Associates began operations in 1986 with the intent to develop, hold for investment, and manage mixed use residential buildings throughout the City of Seattle. The firm selects urban infill sites, in neighborhoods with a historically high housing demand. Each building is thoughtfully designed incorporating efficient units and refined designs elements. High quality building materials ensure lasting integrity. These substantial improvements and carefully selected building systems and materials demonstrate the owners’ intent to hold the buildings for the long term. The in-house management company works to keep operations running smoothly and tenants satisfied.
Tim Walker is Managing Partner of WRP Associates. Mr. Walker has experience as an architect, construction project manager and developer. He holds a degree in Architecture from the University of California Berkeley, College of Environmental Design. Mr. Walker is a licensed architect in Washington, California, and Alaska and has served on several public advisory boards.
The following items are performed entirely in-house by WRP staff
- Locate suitable urban infill property
- Negotiate terms of purchase
- Finalize sale
- Create and analyze operating proforma
- Site analysis
- Study neighborhood character and needs
- Review zoning and Building codes
- Schematic design
- Present designs to local design review council and neighbors
- Develop design and prepare drawings for permit submittal
- Respond to permit corrections
- Produce construction and bid documents
- Issue bid set to general and sub-contractors
- Review and analyze bids
- WRP Construction Manager performs buyouts
- Perform construction administration
- Obtain Certificate of Occupancy
- Lease available units
- All buildings are managed by WRP management team
Kate joined WRP Associates in the spring of 2006. She completed her Master’s in Architecture in 2000. As a senior associate and project manager she works to coordinate the design, permit, and construction processes.
April joined WRP Associates in the summer of 2008. She has eight years of experience in architecture. As a project architect she guides the team as they design and produce drawings and documents for permit, bidding and construction.
Michael is our most recent addition the WRP team arriving in the fall of 2008. He has two years of experience and is the backbone of the production effort. He also makes a significant contribution to all graphic and photographic materials the company produces